Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Thanks to The Farley Center

This past Friday was a busy one for me, as I had to play at two different places in Williamsburg for Williamsburg Place/The Farley Center. The first was a dedication for The Farley Center, followed by a dinner at the Woodlands Conference Center, a few miles away. The Farley Center, according to their web site is dedicated to helping people "overcome substance use disorder".

The settings at both places couldn't have been nicer. I played outside in front of The Farley Center for the dedication, set in their enclave of impressively designed buildings amid a beautiful forested area, and the day was just perfect — sunny and seventies. Later, at the dinner in the Woodlands Conference Center, I got to sit next to a huge window overlooking a wooded hillside, complete with waterfall and play the guitar. My kind of living.

My thanks to Gina Thorne and the Staff, and especially the patients and alumni at The Farley Center, all of whom had very kind words.

No comments: